rofessor of Cardiovascular Genomics at the William Harvey Research Institute, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University London. He is a world renowned expert in large scale genetic and epigenetic studies focusing on coronary artery disease (CAD) and cardiometabolic traits. He has extensive experience in coordinating large international efforts with key contributions to the HGP and HapMap and is a member of several global consortia (C4D, Cardiogram, GIANT, ILGC, IBPC-GWAS). He is co-Chair of the CardiogramPlusC4D, the largest consortium working CAD genetics and a co-PI in the Global Lipids Genetic Consortium. He has been a WP leader in several EU projects (Bloodomics, Cardiogenics, INTERACT, NETSIM).
Relevant peer-reviewed publications
- Deloukas P, Kanoni S, et al. Large-scale association analysis identifies new risk loci for coronary artery disease. Nat Genet 45 (2013) 25-33
- Grundberg E, Meduri E, …..,Deloukas P. Global analysis of DNA methylation variation in adipose tissue from twins reveals links to disease-associated variants in distal regulatory elements. Am J Hum Genet 93 (2013)
- Willer CJ*, Schmidt EM*, Sengupta S*,…., Boehnke M*, Deloukas P*, Kathiresan S*, Mohlke KL*, Ingelsson E*, Abecasis GR*. Nat Genet 45 (2013) 1274-1283
- Grundberg E, Small KS,….. McCarthy MI*, Deloukas P*, Dermitzakis ET*, Spector TD*. Mapping cis- and trans-regulatory effects across multiple tissues in twins. Nat Genet 44 (2012) 1084-1089
- Coronary Artery Disease (C4D) Genetics Consortium. A genome-wide association study in Europeans and South Asians identifies five new loci for coronary artery disease. Nat Genet 43 (2011) 339-344